Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Beginning of the End - Day Three

Yesterday was the beginning of the “second half” of my final week at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. I didn’t sleep well the night before and thus I had to fight to stay awake during the day, but the Lord was good and faithful and helped me at every turn. 

Our class time started with a very helpful devotional from 2 Peter 3:14-18. The most helpful aspect of it for me was putting the command to “grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ” in the fuller context of the chapter. When put in context, this famous decree is a call to let go of the world and the things of the world to pursue the higher, greater things of Christ and his Word and his world. Indeed, as Peter says in v 14, “Be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.” Be intense; be serious; be devoted; be focused; be happy to know Christ and to feast on Christ every day of your life. 

Again, this was a very helpful call, both for the enormous project that lies ahead of me and for life in Christ in general. 

From there we covered many topics having to do with literature reviews and what is called qualitative research (interviewing, observing, etc.), and we closed out the day in small groups talking about our particular projects and how we might improve, shape, and execute them. When the day was done, I was ready to be done, but it was a good day. 

After a hearty nap, I met up with ten fellow students and went to Chicago’s famous Portillo’s and had a feast and lots of good fellowship. Then I crashed! 

It was a very good day and I’m grateful to the Lord for it. It’s hard to believe that my formal time at TEDS is fast coming to an end, but I am grateful for the time I’ve spent here. Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment