Sunday, March 06, 2016

Heading to Trinity Evangelical Divinity School - Will You Pray with Me?

Even as this blog-post goes live, I'm on the road to Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, IL (just north of Chicago). This week is the beginning of the end, if you will, for the class I am taking is designed to commence the final project for the Doctor of Ministry degree. Seminaries avoid calling this project a dissertation because it's different in nature from what Ph.D. candidates are required to do, but be that as it may, the project has to be implemented in my actual ministry and then reported on via a 200-300 page written document. 

I'll write more about the specifics of the project later in the week when one of my three proposals gets approved, but for now I simply want to say that I'll be writing about my time at Trinity each day this week and that I'd really appreciate your prayers in this final phase of a seven-year journey. Specifically...

1. Please pray that my eyes would be fixed on Christ, that I would delight in his presence and promises, and that I'd be awake to what he wants to do in and through me this week. 

2. Please pray for my professor, Dr. Martin Crain, as he teaches the class and leads the Doctor of Ministry program. 

3. Please pray for my fellow students and me as we discern the specific project the Lord would have us do in the coming 1-2 years. 

4. Please pray for Kimmy and Rachel in my absence, that the Lord would protect, provide, and prosper them in faith and hope. 

Thanks so much for your partnership in prayer. I look forward to writing about what the Lord does this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment