Thursday, December 25, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

I’ve lost it. Earlier this year I was exercising regularly and eating well. I was getting in good shape. Then I traveled to India and later threw out my back, and these things threw off my rhythm of life. These things were beyond my control, but from that time I’ve found one excuse and then another for not exercising and eating well.

Bottom line, I’ve packed on 25 pounds and it’s time to turn this boat around! About six years ago, I took off 40 pounds and did a good job of maintaining health and weight for several years, but the yo-yo has risen and it’s time to make it dip again!


So today I set up my bike in my family room and started the long march back toward health. Slow and steady will win the race, and that’s my game plan. It’s hard to be in this place again, but the alternative is to settle for mediocrity and that’s not okay with me. So I’m back in the saddle again – Lord have mercy! 

2 comments:

  1. Let me join you. After a whole summer recovering from a fractured calcaneus I still am hobbling but vow to ride, walk, and most importantly eat better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you guys, gotta make it work, new job and all...

    ReplyDelete