Several years ago, Josh Reeves, Pastor of Redeemer Church in Round Rock, Texas, developed a resource entitled, “100 Practical Ways to Engage your Neighborhood.” The idea behind this resource is to help Christians add gospel intentionality to everyday life, to help lovers of Christ live as missionaries in their own neighborhoods.
Several weeks ago I began the process of posting these ideas 10 at a time. Not every idea will work for everyone, but please pray over each list and ask the Lord to help you identify one thing you can do each week. And if none of the ideas on a given section of the list works for you, then let it inspire you to think of something else. Whatever the case may be, ask Jesus to enable and empower you to join him in the joy-producing, God-exalting quest of seeking and saving the lost in our neighborhoods.
Here’s the fourth part of the list:
Neighbors – Your Immediate Neighborhood (continued)
31. Organize and host a ladies craft night
32. Organize an effort for neighbors to help take care of elderly an neighborhood
33. Become a regular at your neighborhood pool/park
34. If you have a skill, let neighbors know that you can use it to help them for free
35. Host a movie night and discussion afterwards
36. Start a walking/running group in the neighborhood
37. Start hosting a play date weekly for other stay at home parents
38. Organize a carpool for your neighborhood to help save gas
39. Collect good will store items and offer to take them to Goodwill
40. Have a front yard ice cream party in the summer
Lord Jesus, please give us hearts to join in your great quest to seek and save the lost, and please give us the power to do whatever you call us to do. In your great and gracious name we pray, amen.