Thursday, September 11, 2014

Teaching Ephesians in the Bay Area - A Call to Prayer

A couple of months ago, my friend Roger Chen, Pastor of Grace Church Bay Area, invited me to come out to California and teach at their all church retreat this weekend. After praying with my wife and consulting with the Pastors of Glory of Christ Fellowship, I accepted the invitation, and so Kim and I will be flying to San Francisco tomorrow morning, after which we'll travel by car to Monterey where the retreat is being held. 

Grace Church Bay Area was started two years ago, and is located in Burlingame, just a little south of San Francisco. Their heart is to be faithful to the Word of God and passionate about reaching unbelievers with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, so it's just the kind of church I'm eager to partner with in any way I can. 

As I prayed about what to teach this weekend, the Lord put it on my heart to lead the church through the Letter to the Ephesians. Some years ago I taught through Ephesians in two-and-one-half years, which was probably too slow. This weekend I plan to teach through Ephesians in about four hours, which is certainly too fast. But there are glories and grace in each pace, and I really look forward to what God will do. 

The main reason I'm writing this blog is to ask you to pray for Kim and me. I'll be teaching Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, and Sunday morning. Kim will be leading a session for the women on Saturday afternoon. We have worked hard and prayed fervently to prepare, but we need your partnership in prayer as well. So please lift us up in prayer as we teach, and please lift up the church in prayer as they hear the Word of God proclaimed and seek to apply it to life. 

I'm excited about getting to visit my homeland again, but I'm much more excited to serve the Lord Jesus Christ and his precious Bride, the church, wherever he sends me. Thank you so much for your partnership in prayer! I look forward to sharing what the Lord has done upon our return.

No comments:

Post a Comment