Here's a note I just sent to our church about Sarah Fergus, a young lady who is soon on her way to serve Jesus in Madagascar for the next two and one-half years. Check out her blog here.
Sarah Fergus and I have been e-mailing back and forth over the last day, and here's where she's at:
1. She has bought her tickets, and she will be leaving the country--Lord willing, of course!
2. She does have enough support to go, but she really needs another $100-150 per month of support to be at an optimal level. Please pray about joining her support team, and feel free to forward her blog address to anyone who might be willing to lift her up in prayer or offer financial support (sfergus.aimsites.org--Sarah's contact information is on the blog-site).
3. Please consider coming to Sarah's send off party from 4-9 p.m. on December 29 at the home of Dave and Susan Fergus (19352 Carson Cir NW, Elk River, 55330).
4. Please attend the worship service on December 30 where we will be commissioning Sarah for the glory of Christ.
5. Please put Sarah on your prayer list and intercede with her as she gives her life for the glory of Christ and the Bara people. I pray that our church will have a real sense that WE are on a mission with Sarah and AIM in Madagascar!
Thanks so much for reading this note, and for your sincere love for the Lord and his work in the world. Oh how I pray that the Lord will increase the fruitfulness of GCF so that we can send many more across the street and around the world for the glory of Christ!
With joy and hope in Jesus who gave it all for us,