Friday, November 16, 2012

"The Real Roots of the Emergent Church": A Helpful Resource

Over the last couple of days I watched a video entitled, "The Real Roots of the Emergent Church." This movement has developed since the video was made and thus I'm sure that some of the information is outdated, and yet I think it's overall characterization and assessment of the movement remains valid. I told the church I serve several years ago that I think the left-wing of this movement is the most dangerous threat to Christianity today because (1) it is attacking the fundamentals of the faith from inside of evangelicalism, and consciously so, and (2) several of its key leaders have been embraced and promoted by mainstream evangelical publishers and publications who have either knowingly participated in this spread of this other  gospel or who have naively invited wolves into the pen. 

And I do not hesitate to say that the leaders of the left-wing of this movement are wolves in sheep's clothing: they are teaching another gospel as their own words plainly display. If you have the time, please watch this video carefully, and you'll see what I mean. And as you do, remember to pray for each of these leaders that they would see Jesus for who he is and submit to him on his terms; pray for the church that it would be protected against strong deceptions; pray for your own soul, that you would humble yourself and cling to Jesus as he has revealed himself in Scripture; and pray with faith, for greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world. 



No comments:

Post a Comment