Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sharing the Love of Jesus as an act of Worship

Today on our church's blog, www.gcfmn.blogspot.com, my good friend Asa Veek began a series of posts on the subject of evangelism. After today he'll be posting follow up entries every Tuesday, and I would highly recommend that you read them. Rather than cluttering the universe with more of my own words, let me allow Asa to introduce the series for you! 

Asa writes, "In this series of posts, I try to balance some of the theological underpinnings of evangelism with some practical training. You will also find links to more in-depth training programs and resources. I can make myself available for small-group and one-on-one coaching if someone is interested (I can be reached at the contacts in my signature block). 

"This is a topic which I am passionate. It's not because of anything I bring to the table: I'm an introvert, I'm not much of a people person, I can struggle with being eloquent in my words, and I have a tendency to be moody. And yet, through all of my personality drawbacks and shortcomings, God has placed this passion within me, and that makes me believe even more that this is something He's worked in me. I'm by no means an expert, but I've made enough mistakes - and done enough things right - over the years that I think I have something to share, and I am still learning as I go along. 

"My prayer through this series is that people's heart for the lost is inflamed. As I state in one of the early posts, I view evangelism as an act of worship, not mere duty. My prayer is that we can change our thinking and be compelled to share, not from a sense of duty, but from a place of worshipful gratitude and thankfulness." 

-- 

Asa Veek
aeveek@gmail.com
Google Voice: 763.445.9672 * Cell: 763.234.0153 * Home: 763.441.2017 
1226 4th Street NW * Elk River * MN * 55330
View my LinkedIn Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment