Many of you know that I serve as the Chairman of the Board for Abba Pregnancy Resource Center in Elk River, Minnesota. This Thursday, October 25 @ 7:00 p.m. we will hold our annual banquet and I'm posting this entry to ask for your prayer support. Here's a note I just sent out to our church--thanks so much for standing with us in prayer!
Dear Glory of Christ,
We are now less than 48 hours away from Abba Pregnancy Resource Center's annual banquet, and I'd like to ask you to join us in fervent prayer. Many preparations have been made and all involved in leadership will be busy between now and the time the banquet begins at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, but over and above all the details we need the presence and power of Jesus upon us. So please join us in prayer! Specifically, you can pray for...
- The Presenters: Ralph Kiffmeyer, Greg Pagh, Joan Parsekalleh, Marcus Bachmann, and Charlie Handren
- The A/V Team: Brett Springfield and Dan Smith
- Our 20-25 volunteer servers (as well as the staff and servers of Rockwoods Grill in Otsego)
- Other volunteers attending to a number of matters
- That the Lord would raise up a small army of prayer warriors between now and Thursday evening
- That the Lord would move people's hearts to give to the ministry and serve in various capacities
- That the Lord would move in our land and bring abortion to an end in our lifetimes: 3,300 children are killed every day by abortion in the United States, and 30 children every day in Minnesota--but our God is great and He can bring abortion to an end, so let us pray with faith!
- That the mercy of the Lord would cover those who have participated in an abortion, and move the hearts of those considering abortion to choose a different path
Thank you so much for praying! As Hudson Taylor said, "When we work, we work; when we pray, God works." So indeed let us give ourselves to fervent prayer, trusting alone in the might and mercy of Jesus Christ who conquered sin and death! Thanks again.
With hope in Jesus,