Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chuck Colson in Critical Condition After Brain Surgery



Here is the copy of a story I read on the Gospel Coalition Blog today. Please join me in lifting our brother up before the Lord. I can still remember reading his autobiographical book Born Again when I was young in Christ and the impact it made on me, so I feel a connection to the Lord's work in Chuck though I've never had the privilege of meeting him. May the Lord's will be done for His glory and our joy.

The Story: Chuck Colson, founder and chairman emeritus of the board for Prison Fellowship, is in critical condition after undergoing surgery following a brain hemorrhage.

The Background: According to the Christian Post, the 80-year-old Colson fell ill while addressing a conference in the Washington, D.C. area over the weekend. He underwent surgery on Saturday morning to remove a pool of clotted blood on the surface of his brain.
"We believe that we serve a mighty God - the 'Great Physician' - and are hoping and praying for Chuck's full recovery," said Prison Fellowship Ministries CEO Jim Liske, in a statement Tuesday. "When I visited him yesterday, I was encouraged to see that as we prayed, Chuck was responsive."

Why It Matters: Reports from friends say that Colson can now on occasion hear and seemingly recognize what is being said around him, even giving a thumbs up sign more than once. He is currently in intensive care and undergoing tests. Please pray for our brother in Christ.

Related: Know Your Evangelicals: Charles Colson

No comments:

Post a Comment