Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thanks for Praying

Thank you so much for holding me up in prayer this week as I worked on my book, Preach the Word: Why I'm Passionate about Expository Preaching. One of my fellow pastors and I were at Trout Lake Camp in central Minnesota along with 25 or so other pastors. It was a wonderful time of refreshing and fellowship, and it was very productive as well. To help you understand how much the Lord enabled me to get done, I wrote the equivalent of about seven sermons in three days. That's a lot, and I couldn't have done that without the enabling power of the Holy Spirit which is due, in part, to your prayers, so again thank you!

I hope to complete the book in the next 6-8 weeks, send it to the publisher, and then have it in hand sometime in April. We'll see how it goes, but that's the plan right now. I pray that God will glorify his great name and fulfill every purpose for which he led me to write.

With deep thankfulness for you in Christ,
Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment