Friday, January 06, 2012

How to Die the Right Way

I just read an article on MSN.Money called "How to Die the Right Way." You can read it here. It does contain some good advice and I did benefit from reading it, but I think I have a better and much simpler approach to life's inescapable end. It only takes four words to articulate: believe in Jesus Christ.

"It is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment" (Hebrews 9:27). The judgment will be eternal joy for those who believe in Jesus Christ, by grace through faith, for, "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him" (John 3:36). Compared to this, wills and life insurance and all such things are small potatoes. I do think we ought to see to the temporal things, but first and foremost we ought to see the eternal things.

No comments:

Post a Comment