Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Waking in Worship

Oh how sweet it is to wake up out of a dream in which you're singing praises to God!

I'm walking through the lobby of a hotel in Southern California with Kim and Rachel, we're trying to find a way to get to wherever we're going. And as we were walking through the lobby I'm singing these words out loud with no thought of what people are thinking:


Praise to the Lord, O let all that is in me adore Him,
All that has life and breath come now with praises before Him,
Let the "Amen" sound from His people again,
Glady for, yes, we adore Him!

I woke up just as the chorus was coming to an end, and though it was early in the morning I had a hard time falling back to sleep because the joy of worshiping our great and gracious God filled my soul. Oh to live in a constant state of worship in waking life, "addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with [our] hearts" (Ephesians 5:19). Father, please hear my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment