Thursday, June 02, 2011

Matt Redman's "You Never Let Go"


I'm embarrassed to admit this but it's true. A couple of week's ago we sang this song in church and I thought to myself, "I don't like this song," mostly because I found the verses hard to sing. But a few days later I noticed that I couldn't get the chorus out of my mind and given what I was going through that week, it really ministered to me.

Then as the Lord would have it we sang the song in church again last Sunday and this time I still found the verses hard to sing but I really fell in love with the bridge and the chorus. I can't get this song out of my head and now I'm writing to encourage you to give it a chance, too. (I put it this way because someone else admitted to me that they didn't like the song when we sang it--either time!)

Like Redman's "Blessed be the Name," I think this one will help a lot of people hang on in the midst of the storm. I know it's doing that for me right now and I'm grateful to Matt and much more to the God who inspired him.

Thanks, Lord, for your sustaining mercy in our lives. May you use this song as one tool to keep us hanging on to You who loved us from before the foundation of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment