Friday, April 23, 2010

A Dream our Children Will Probably Never Have

A couple of days ago a ten-year-old girl at Beracha House came up to me and said, “Pastor Charlie, I had a dream.” “Really,” I replied, “what was your dream?”

She responded, “I dreamed that sometime after you left the Muslims came and attacked Beracha House. There were lots and lots of them but we ran, and we were able to get away. Then the police came and chased after those bad men and they killed lots of them. I saw many Muslims lying dead on the streets, but I was giving thanks to the Lord because he kept us safe.”

I was a bit taken back by this and concerned for her soul, so I asked, “Honey, how are you doing, how are you feeling about your dream?” She replied without a moment of hesitation, “Oh, I’m fine, Pastor Charlie, the Lord kept us safe.” Wow, that’s a dream our children will probably never have, and an attitude I can only pray that they would have.

I don’t know if her dream was prophetic or a symptom of life in a persecuted context, but one way or the other I thank God for the simple faith of this child. May we all become as little children.

No comments:

Post a Comment