Monday, March 15, 2010

Worshiping in my Sleep!

I woke up this morning with such a "sweet aroma" in my heart and strong affections for our Father because all night long, every time I turned over, this entire stanza was ringing in my mind:

O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home.

We sang this song in church yesterday but it didn't particularly stick out to me more than the rest. I guess it ministered to my soul more deeply than I thought.

Oh it's hard to describe how sweet it is to worship the Lord in your sleep. There's such a sincerity and intensity about it and it just made me want to wake up and give our Father a big hug this morning! And praise be to his Name, the words of this hymn are true: he has been our help in the past, he will be our help for evermore, he will shield our souls from the stormy blast even though we suffer for a time, and he is our eternal home. Oh praise be to his Name!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:29 PM

    Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:21 AM

    This makes my heart want to leap for joy! What an apt meaning to the phrase 'sweet sleep'.
    May we all enjoy such sweet sleep.

    ReplyDelete