Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What to Say?

For the last couple of days I've been thinking about how I'm going to answer when people ask me the question, "How was your class?" The truth is I have so much to say that I don't know what I'll say!

I feel a bit like the scientists who launched the Hubble Telescope must have felt when they saw the first batches of images coming back. Of course, they already knew that the universe was massive, but the Hubble Telescope helped them to see that it's much more massive than they thought--and glorious, too.

And of course, I knew the fact that Jesus Christ is great and glorious beyond imagination before I came here, but having spent more than 30 hours of class time, and others beside, meditating on the vision of him in Hebrews, I now see that he's much greater and more glorious than I ever thought he was. I see that it would take me more than several lifetimes to explore the expanses he's allowed me to glimpse this week.

I know that must sound completely unbelievable but it's true. Why else do you think we will need ETERNITY to be with him. He is that vast and that beautiful and that awe-inspiring and that deep.

I have only one lifetime here on the earth, and it will be very short. Even if I live to be 100 it will be very short. But as the Psalmist said, "Deep calls to deep," and my heart is longing to spend the little life I have plumbing as deeply as I can into the depths of him who saved us, and this not only for my own sake but for the sake of others.

Thanks for praying, Lord willing, I'll be home late tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment