Friday, February 20, 2009

Hello, Again!

It's been so long since I've blogged! On the one hand, I suppose, I'm just not the blogging type, that is, the type who spends a good deal of my life on the computer. But on the other hand, I think there's something in me that feels I have to have something profound to say every time I sit down to write, or at least that I have to write something worth reading. But as I've pondered this attitude in me today I've come to think that this may be--re-write, most certainly is--a false assumption and I'm just going to relax and shoot from the hip on my blog.


Hope that works for you!


So my rather brief, not so profound thought for the day is this: please pray for five of us from Glory of Christ who are going to a conference in Minneapolis on how to care well for missionaries. We support three missionaries right now and we want to be a "dream supporting church" for them; hopefully this conference will help us figure how to get that accomplished.


So again, I really plead for your prayers--caring for those who've laid it all down for the glory of Jesus around the world is as serious of business as there is in the world and we long to do it well.


By the way, while you're at it, please pray for a missionary acquaintance of mine who has served in Bologna, Italy for over 20 years and just had a severe stroke upon his return from furlough. (To the left is a picture of me preaching last November at the church he founded.) His family and church are hoping in Christ and surrounding him with love but the fallout from this stroke will likely be serious and last for a lifetime.


Thanks so much for your partnership in prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment