Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pray for Jan Korbel

I received the following update from Jan Korbel this morning. Please join me in holding her up before Christ.


Dear Praying Friends -
Thank you for holding up our immigration appeal before God. We submitted our appeal last week and found out late on Friday that we had been denied.
Because of this we will be investigating a change in our organization from NGO (non-governmental organization) to a Society. This is what all churches register in Kenya as. Under such status we should automatically be granted a missionary Class E work permit. In fact we may have pursued this when Care of Creation first registered if the process was not so long and involved. Thankfully we now have a good friend who works as the Registrar of Societies and we should be able to make the change in the next few months.
In the meantime, I will return to the US for a short time (God willing) to do some additional fund raising for my increased budget in the coming year. I would appreciate your prayers for this next process to go smoothly and quickly. But even more so that I would be able to raise the needed support in the next couple of months. I will likely arrive on Sept 30.
Thank you again, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment