Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Travel Update

After an encouraging meeting with Mike, Kevin, and Kim this morning, I headed to the airport and boarded my plane for California. I'm sitting at the airport in Las Vegas right now waiting for my connecting flight, praying that the gospel will gain traction in this city. As soon as you walk off the plane you're confronted with rows and rows of slot machines, as well as adverts for "attractions" I can't even name on this blog.

Las Vegas is not unusual, it's just blatant in its passion for immorality. Every single human being without Christ is "...darkened in their understanding, alienated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to their hardness of heart. They have become callous and have given themselves up to sensuality, greedy to practice every kind of impurity" (Eph. 4:18-19).

Perhaps God provided a long layover for me here so that I could pray, with passion and compassion, for this city. There, but for the grace of God, go I.

The plan for tonight is to crash in a motel somewhere and then meet up with my family tomorrow. All of my remaining siblings but one will be there, along with many nephews, nieces, and other relatives. Please pray for us especially on Friday night as we'll be gathering as one family to laugh, cry, and talk things out. I will undoubtedly have a chance to take the floor and believe me with my family that is unusual.

Oh friends, please pray with me about this. I can't explain the feeling rising up in me right now, but this opportunity is, I think, eternally significant.

Thanks for your partnership in Christ,
Pastor Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment