Thursday, April 24, 2008

Please Pray for Glory of Christ

Dear Friends of Glory of Christ Baptist Church,

Several months ago, a family approached Glory of Christ to inform us that they would like us to acquire their 5-acre property--a property which "just happens" to be right where we were praying the church would eventually settle. We have prayed and pursued possibilities with them for some months, but it looked like it wasn't going to work out and we had no desire to strive in our flesh to make something happen that God was not in.

About an hour ago I received a phone call from the owner of the property. He informed me that they have a family acquaintance who has been wanting to invest in a ministry. She heard about our church and this property and is seriously considering purchasing the property on our behalf. She is so serious that they are meeting at the bank tomorrow to make a decision.

Therefore, I am writing to call you to prayer. I do not want to tell you how to pray for the Holy Spirit is able to do that (Romans 8:26-39). But I do want you to know how I'm praying: I'm praying, "Lord, Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." If this is God's will, then, Amen, may he display his great power right before our eyes. If this is not God's will, then, Amen, may he display his loving care for his church and shut this door. I would rather have God with nothing else than have everything else without God. He is our treasure, and he is enough for us. May He have His way with His church.

I will let you know how things develop. Thank you for praying.

For the glory of Christ and by faith in his name alone,
Pastor Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment