Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Strange Easter Sunday

Well, as a California boy, I must admit that I'd never experienced a white-Easter, that is before today. It has snowed 2 or 3 inches in the last couple of days, and it was really coming down this morning. It felt more like Christmas than Easter. But as my fellow Pastor, Kevin, said this morning, when you combine the earliest Easter since 1913 with life in Minnesota you get a white-Easter.

Other than the snow, though, it's been a great Easter. As I prepared for my sermon this week I had one of the sweetest times of communion with Jesus I've had in some time--I will not soon forget it. And then just climbing inside the Easter story once again was a great blessing.

If you haven't done this before, I'd strongly recommend that you go to a private place and read the Easter story in the gospel of John very slowly and meditatively. Don't rush. Take all the time you need. Chapters 13-20 cover a period of only 48 hours, plus or minus, and they are among the most meaningful words ever written in the history of the world.

Anyhow, I'm just about ready to knock off for the day. Tomorrow's my day off and I look forward to listening to a good Easter sermon or two. Hope you had a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment