Sunday, March 02, 2008

Pastor Luis Delgado

A few weeks ago I received an e-mail from a pastor named Luis Delgado. He ministers in Canete Peru, and he was asking for help paying for an evangelist that wants to help him in the work of his small church--12 adults, 40 children. To be very honest, I didn't trust the e-mail. I thought it was one of those scams where people try to coax you into giving them your account information and then bleed you dry.

So I deleted the e-mail. But Pastor Luis sent it again, and then a third time. I prayed about this and began to get the feeling like I should follow up on this so I wrote him a very short note and asked him who he was, if he could prove it, and how he got my email address. He sent me a 7-page description of his ministry, full with pictures, and he told me that he got my e-mail address via my blog.

So we've written back and forth a couple of times and I've been very moved by what he's written me. We're still working through a couple of issues so I don't want to say too much about the ministry at this point but for now will you please join with me in praying for Pastor Luis and his small flock.

In as much as you do it for the least of these, you do it for Jesus himself.

1 comment:

  1. Charlie - I'd like to thank you for this blog post, which I found after googling "Pastor Luis Delgado" (having received an e-mail which I was contemplating reporting as spam).

    I guess a reminder that one man's annoyance may be in fact the godly cry of another man's heart.

    BTW I like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete