Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Note from Jan Korbel

I received the following e-mail from Jan Korbel a couple of days ago. Please join me in lifting her up in prayer.

Hello Friends,

I have been diagnosed with typhoid. I have just started on Cipro to combat the typhoid. Even though my ratio numbers were high, I think I should be feeling a lot worse than I do. I am certain God in working on my behalf because of your faithfulness in prayer. The doctor also prescribed a vitamin B complex and recommended plenty of food and water. With a funny stomach I don't often feel like eating, but I am trying. I have missed classes for two days and will probably miss at least one more. Please pray the medicine starts doing its thing right away. I also found out today that I did not have an amoeba.

I am so thankful to God for not getting radically sick while I was on the ferry or traveling in Zanzibar this weekend. I am thankful for having been here long enough to know where to go and how to get around so that being sick isn't as scary. I'm thankful the rainy season is finally upon us to drop the temps here a little. With it comes the regular problems of mud and more mosquitoes, but I'll continue coping. I know God is in control. Mornings seem to be the hardest time for me with this - maybe it's because you are all asleep during my mornings. :)

Thank you so much for your continued prayers.


Blessings, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment