Sunday, February 03, 2008

Where your Treasure is...

A couple of weeks ago our church decided to begin supporting a missionary couple who serve in Senegal, West Africa. Our level of support is pretty minimal, but we played a part in giving them that last push that allowed them to return to the place where they've served for many years now.

Even though our level of support is minimal, I'll tell you, I think a lot more about west Africa and the Wolof people and the Manica people than I used to. Jesus was so wise when he said, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matt. 6:21).

And there our joy will be also. I can't tell you how it thrilled my heart this morning to realize that for the first time in many months Dave and Mary Decker were able to worship Jesus in Senegal rather than in the U.S., in part because of our small pledge.

Oh how I pray that we won't fall for the lie of the American dream--to use all of our resources to feed our own passions and desires--but rather that we will be captured by God's vision for the world and put our treasure where our heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment