Friday, February 29, 2008

Thanks for Praying

Thanks for praying for us. The Lord was so good to us yesterday, as he always is. In the morning, a couple of fellow church planters talked to us about sharpening our evangelistic and networking skills. Kevin and I have both been feeling a great inward urge to get out into the community more than we are, and so this was like pouring fuel on a fire. It was a very sweet and fruitful time for me.

Then in the afternoon we had 5 1/2 hours to ourselves. We grabbed a bite to eat and then decided that we'd actually just like to go to the room and rest and read for the afternoon, and that's just what we did. I can't remember the last time I had so many hours in the middle of the day just to rest in the Lord, and I was very grateful for it.

Around 5:00 p.m. we headed back to the church and enjoyed another Chicago style dinner--beefs, for those of you who are in the know. The worship last night was particularly sweet for me, and the testimonies of what God is doing in church plants around the upper midwest were sweet as well. Then a good friend of mine, Steve Treichler, got up and gave a great message from 2 Corinthians 4, 5, and 11. The thrust of it was, life is short don't waste it. Squeeze everything out of it that you possibly can for the glory of God and the good of others.

Kevin has a college buddy who lives in the area, so he and Vinny spent the evening together while I came back to the room, spent some time with the Lord, and crashed. I didn't even hear him come in, so he could have been out until 3:00 for all I know!

Well, one more session this morning and then back to the Twins. Please continue to hold us up in prayer, that we will redeem all the time that the Lord has given us. I won't be seeing my beautiful wife this evening because about 1:00 p.m. she'll be heading to Ham Lake for our women's retreat. Kevin's wife will be leaving for the retreat when we get home. All to say, please pray for the women of Glory of Christ as they're seeking to draw near to the Lord this weekend.

And again, thanks so much for holding us up in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment