Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Joy of Dedicating Children to the Lord

This morning we, at Glory of Christ Baptist Church, had the privilege of dedicating three children to the Lord. This was our first child dedication. While it is true to say that in this service we as a body of believers are dedicating the children of our church to the Lord, it seems more to me like we're dedicating the parents to raise their children in the fear and admonition of the Lord and dedicating the whole church to being their partners in that process.

Whatever the precise nature of our ceremony is, I must say that as I watched my fellow pastor lay his hands on those children and pray a prayer of dedication over them, I was deeply moved and filled with joy. Oh how I long, as one of the pastors of those children, to see them grow up loving the Lord who fashioned them in their mothers' wombs. May it be so.

If I can get my hands on some pictures of the service, I'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment