Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Desiring God Conference

Late last week Kim and I had the privilege of leading the prayer room ministry, along with our good friend Larry Agnew, at Desiring God's National Conference. The main speakers at this year's conference were John Piper, John MacArthur, Jerry Bridges, Randy Alcorn, and Helen Roseveare.

You can access all of the audio and video for the conference, free of charge, here.

Since we spent most of our time in the prayer room, we didn't catch many of the messages, but one we did catch was Helen Roseveare's meditation on persevering in Christ. PLEASE LISTEN TO HER MESSAGE!

Helen is an 82 year-old former missionary who is burning brighter now in Christ than she ever has. She was so inspiring to me. Oh how I long for my daughter to love Jesus at 82 years old as much as Helen does!

I thought about summarizing a few keys thoughts from her message in this post, but honestly if you just read the ideas without seeing the light of Jesus pouring through her I think her message will be weakened or lost. So again, please take the time to listen to her message. After all, what does the latest episode of your favorite TV show really matter in the end?

I'd love to hear your thoughts once you've listened to her message.

No comments:

Post a Comment