Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thanks for Praying!

I want to thank those of you who lifted me up in prayer while I was in California--I do not take your partnership for granted. It was a wonderful, fruitful trip from beginning to end and I praise the Lord for his grace to me!

This morning I read Psalm 33, the first verse of which says this: "Praise befits the upright." The Hebrew word for "befits" literally means beautiful, so we could think of this verse as saying, "Praise beautifies the upright." Praise makes us look beautiful to God.

Why is this so? Because the chief thing that characterizes the upright is that they have been given eyes to see the glory of God, and the praise that flows from their hearts is living proof of the same. Their praise of God completes their beholding of God. Praise from the righteous is like a "proof of purchase" which shouts back to God, "By your grace, I belong to you."

And so I want to complete my beholding of God by giving him thanks and praise for all he's done this week. And I also want to complete it by giving thanks to you for caring enough to stand with me in prayer. "The prayers of the righteous avail much," and I can honestly say that your prayers had an effect in my life over the last couple of weeks. So, in the great name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and for his glory, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment