Saturday, June 09, 2007

The Plan for Saturday

Thanks to all who lifted me up in prayer yesterday--I do not take that for granted and I very much appreciate it! I had a good day of travel and then visited with an old friend who became a Christian about the same time I did, out of the same lifestyle I did. In fact, we briefly knew one another before we were in Christ, but we became like blood-brothers once we were in Christ. It was very good to see him.

The plan for today, Lord willing, is to see another old friend of mine who's still not saved and in fact just got sober a year ago after almost thirty years of drug abuse. I'm so glad he's stayed sober this time around, but I ache for him to know Jesus. I'm going to buy him a Bible this morning and then will be spending a few hours with him this afternoon. If you have the time, please pray for him, his name is Robert Chapman.

Then later today, Lord willing, I will be gathering with brothers and sisters in Christ from First Baptist Church, Palm Desert, where I grew up in the Lord. It's been four years since I've seen these precious souls and I so look forward to fellowshipping with them.

Thanks again for praying, and if you have time please lift these things up with me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment