Wednesday, June 13, 2007

On Waking in Worship

I so love waking up in worship! This morning, before I was even fully awake, this song was flowing out of my heart:

I say, "Yes, Lord, yes," to your will and to your way,
I say, "Yes, Lord, yes," I will trust you and obey,
When your Spirit speaks to me, with my whole heart I'll agree,
And my answer will be, "Yes, Lord, yes."

Obedience is a visible manifestation of the fact that we both love and trust God, and therefore the absense of it is a visible manifestation of the fact that we don't. Oh how I want my life to be marked by obedience because I want my heart to be marked by love and trust! The promises for doing so are far beyond the measure of what we deserve. Take John 14:21 for example: "Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him."

Okay--so I simply do what the Father asks of me and in return I receive the love of God Almighty and the Lord Jesus Christ, his only Begotten, and I receive a revelation of his person, that is, eyes to see his greatness and glory, ears to hear wonders from his Word, a heart that's soft and receptive before him, and a will that longs to follow in his ways. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

Oh Father, please teach us to love you with all of our hearts and to manifest the fact by doing what you ask of us. And as we do, we pray that you would fulfill all of your promises to us, in Christ, and most especially that you would reveal yourself to us! Your are our Treasure; it is you that we seek. Oh Lord, hear our prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment