Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oh, What Joy!

I want to share more about the conference at Trinity with you, but that will have to wait for a day because I simply must express the joy that's in my heart!

A couple of days ago, my daughter shared with me that she had led one of her friends to Christ! We've known this girl for sometime, and have been praying for her for sometime, but I must admit that I underestimated the joy of seeing her come to Christ--through the influence of my daughter. So, we spent some time rejoicing in this fact together, even shedding a tear or two, and then I told Rachel that I hope this will be the first drip in a deluge of grace that will be upon her life. I told her that my greatest hope for her is not that she be an accomplished musician or a skilled athelete or a dazzling orator, though these things may have some measure of value in them. But my greatest hope for her is that she love God with all of her heart and soul and mind and strength, and that flowing out of that she be a soul-winner!

Brothers & Sisters, are you teaching your child to be a soul-winner? I hope the answer is "Yes." They will live if they don't know how to play an instrument or dazzle a crowd on the field, but others will life if they learn to win souls. As parents, our primary obligation is to disciple our chidlren, and part of that is to give them a passion for and skills in evangelism. So, will you join with me in thanking God for this new sister in the family of God (by the way, Rachel's first words to her were "welcome to the family!") and in praying for grace to teach our children to be soul-winners?

Glory be to God!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:51 PM

    I rejoice with you Charlie. What a joy it is to witness our children's heart turn toward the Lord. Even more - to see them used to turn the hearts of their friends to to Jesus. I rejoice for Rachel, praying that God will reveal something deeper about Himself to her as she steps out in faith. Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings I have ordained strength...PS 8.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete